Approved Inspectors Ltd is one of the largest Building Regulation Specialists in the UK, with over 50 employees operating from four offices and dealing with over 6000 new projects each year. We provide a regulatory service for any type of building work from small domestic extensions through to large commercial building schemes with a nationwide coverage from our offices in Lancashire, Cheshire and the Midlands.
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our Business Support Team in a Senior Business Support role. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to lead our proficient East Cheshire business support team and provide an exceptional business support service to our clients, technical team and senior management team.
- Provide business support to the technical team and senior management team.
- Supervise business support team (currently 5 team members) and day to day workload within the office.
- Assist with the recruitment of new team members and contribute to induction/training.
- Participate and contribute to Business Support Team meetings.
- Assist with reviewing performance and the annual Performance and Development Review process.
- Deal with all Building Regulation application administration from quote through to completion.
- Provide front of house services including answering telephones and meeting and greeting visitors.
- Assist with the development of the company’s overall business plan.
- Ensure all company processes/QA procedures are followed, updated and reviewed.
What We’re Looking For
You will have substantial experience in a busy office environment with excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi task under pressure. The ability to co-ordinate and motivate a team is key to the role and previous experience in leading a team will be advantageous. You will be a point of contact for both external clients and internal team members so candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills. You will have a flexible approach, along with the ability to problem solve and make decisions. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and previous experience with Sage Pay is desirable. Experience working in a regulatory environment will be beneficial but full training will be provided.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position starts at £28,000 but successful candidates will be offered a competitive package relevant to their experience and abilities.
From 1 January 2022 our employees are entitled to 30 days annual leave (eight days to be reserved for the Company’s Christmas shut down) and the eight normal bank/public holidays. Our employees also benefit from a death in service life assurance scheme and a sick pay policy (one-month full pay and one month half pay during each 12-month rolling period).
We are committed to the growth of our team, offering opportunities to develop and achieve your career aspirations in a supportive environment.
The team is currently working in a hybrid working pattern, with a mixture of working in the office and working remotely.
For more information and to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.
Closing Date – Monday 29 November 2021